Have you ever wondered if people take the time to read your about me page and get to know you? Your about me page is the first impression people are going to see of you, so make it a captivating about me page.
It is important to learn how to write a bio that will grab people’s attention. I have read lots of bios were I think people, as they were writing their bio, subconsciously thought “what’s in this for me?” or “what can I get out of this?” or “they push their opportunity or affiliate links too much.” That is not what you want! You need to grab people’s attention and then keep it throughout. This is your bio and it should have an underlying feeling of value and benefit to your readers and no push or hype up your opportunity or affiliate links.
Your Opening Statement
Your opening statement needs to be strong and needs to keep people wanting to know you. Try to think of something catchy that peaks the readers curiosity. Make it powerful and do your best to include some benefit to your reader within the first paragraph.
Now you want to create your introduction. This is where you connect with your reader and let them know a little about you. I found that the best strategy is to simply tell your story. Tell them who you are. Don’t write out your entire life story; just tell them a little about you… your name, age, where you come from, your hopes and dreams… Tell them relevant things about you that can help others relate with you, like your goals, interests, and commonalities. Let them get to know about you, your background, and the experiences you have been through that led you to be involved in what you are currently doing.
How Can You Benefit Them?
Alright, now we have grabbed people’s attention with an opening paragraph, we have given an introduction into your life and connected with our readers, now it’s time to give them a reason to relate to you. So, what’s your blog about? What will readers find within your posts? Give blogging tips? Post Vegan recipes? Whatever it is, talk about it.
- Separate your sections into headlines using bold text to make it easier to read
- Keep it long enough to tell your story but short enough to keep them reading
- Relate to a broad group within your niche… relate to the masses
- Add a photo of you and if you talk about your family, add one of them too.
- Highlight some of your favorite or bests posts. Link back to those posts.
- Write as if it is to people that know you the best.
- Be congruent with everything you say… be real, honest, authentic, and genuine.
- Engage people and help them connect with the brand (YOU)
- Link to or provide a way for your readers to contact you, whether it’s through an email or social media accounts.
These tips and strategies on how to write a bio should help you out in many ways. There are many people out there on the internet that are all competing for attention so make yours stand out. Your about me is your chance to let your readers know they can trust you. Learn to deliver more value and great information than anyone else.
You can read my about me and get an idea of how I put together a bio that works for me. This is only one example of how to write a bio and I tend to renew and upgrade it from time to time. Now go and create your own personal biography that will help your readers get to know, like, trust and keep coming back to you.