If you’ve ever wondered how to get an About Me Intro on your sidebar, I’m going to show you how simple it is, that you can do this yourself without hiring a designer.
How to add an About Me intro to your sidebar
1. First, head on over to your admin panel and click on add a new post as if you’re going to make a new post.
2. Next, upload a picture of yourself that you’d like to have included with your About Me and add it to your post.
3. Now, write up your snippet of you want to include in your About Me on your sidebar.
4. If there is any thing you’d like to link somewhere else, now is the time to do it. For me, I added Read more here…and I want that to link to my main About Me page as well as the photo. Add links like you would normally do.
5. Once you’ve down that, now click on the image and then click align left so that the image shifts to the left. Your bio will move up beside it and that’s what you want.
6. Now you want the html code for this post. Click on text. Now select the html code that is listed.
7. Once you have that code selected, head on over to your widget section.
8. Click add a text widget. If you want your About Me snippet in your sidebar select your sidebar as it’s placement.
9. Now that you have that new widget added, paste your code that you’ve selected from your post into this new widget.
10. Click save and head on over to your blog to check it out. If you want to tweak any of it, simply go back into the post and edit it however you’d like and then re-paste that code into the same widget.
Once your done, simply delete the post that you made to “hold” your code.